Baby Food: Apple-Stuffed Butternut Squash with Cinnamon
This is another easy recipe from WholesomeBabyFood.
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 butternut squash
- 2-3 apples
- 1 tbsp cinnamon, or more or less to taste
- Peel and dice apples
- Cut acorn or butternut squash in half, scoop out seeds
- Place halves face UP in a pan and add with an inch of water to the pan
- Place diced apples in the squash "holes".
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired
- Pour water over the apples so that there is water in the squash holes - cover pan with tinfoil
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 40 minutes or until the “shell/skin” puckers and halves feel soft then scoop squash “meat” and apples out of the shell
- Puree as needed, adding water or breastmilk to thin if required. You may also chop or dice and serve as a finger food meal.
Did you try this recipe?
Did you make any substitutions or have any suggestions?
Let me know what you thought!